Saturday, June 26, 2010

June 25 Serpent River to Hagar

The big Nickel in Sudbury. It is up on the top of a hill so I didn't want to waste time cranking up there. My laundry was starting to ferment in its garbage bag and I was down to my last pair of clean socks so had to stop and look after that. Couldn't find internet anywhere near the Laundromat.
Inco. This scene had me singing stompin' Tom's song, Sudbury Saturday night. "The boys are gettin' stinko. No more they think of Inco." Trust stompin' Tom to rhyme stinko with Inco. On the right side of the picture is what looks to be a fifty tonne Volvo wiggle wagon hauling ore up to the plant. One plant I went past was shut down but this one had smoke coming out of the big stack. They are on strike but someone is doing some smelting here. On the way into Sudbury I saw signs which had been changed from Sudbury to Scabbury. There must be a story behind that. Hope it doesn't end up like Yellowknife in 1992.

Made pretty good time other than the two hour delay to do laundry. It was drizzling down for the last hour so got a motel in Hagar. No internet there either. What's with these guys? It's not that had to set up wireless internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment