Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Devil's Lake to Grand Forks

Had a good day today with a partial tail wind at the start. Made 150 kms. into East Grand Forks. Got stickers for the bike for North Dakota and Michigan. First new stickers in about five years. Near Petersburg is the sole windmill I have seen since being in Alberta.
East of Grand Forks I saw a big unmarked grey bomber type plane going past and turning around several times. I realized it was somebody doing bomber flight training at the big air force base by the road which you drive right past. You are not supposed to stop because it is a restricted zone but I figured that applied to cars. How can you tell a cyclist not to stop and stretch his legs and get a drink of juice and quickly take a picture. This looks like some sort of reinforced bunker installation. Hope they don't take my camera and computer away at the border for taking spy pictures.
Passed by the fairgrounds on my way to the campground and saw these people who are obviously right into their go karts. They had a well equipped pit row and were tuning up machines. Obviously a fair amount of money and effort being spent here.

The forecast for tomorrow is for rain and a headwind so I'll be lucky to get half what I did today.


2 comments:

  1. Went to my map to see if I could figure out where you are headed???? Interesting pictures, I am enjoying them

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - Glad you still have your camera and computer

    ReplyDelete