Monday, May 24, 2010

To Christina Lake

After two days of R and R in the Okanagan it was time to get rolling again. Billy made good on his promise and gave me a head start on the days ride. Before long I was up to and over the Anarchist summit and heading down to Rock creek.

































From Rock Creek the road follows the river slowly climbing as you work your way East to Midway and Greenwood. I grabbed a hot dog from a vendor near the old hotel there and reminisced about the time brother Jamie and I spent a night in the Hotel while on a soggy motorcycle ride through to the coast. I think that was in September of 1979 but it doesn't seem like thirty years ago. From Greenwood it is a steep climb up to the summit at Eholt. The road down from Eholt is one of the best rides you will find. It slopes steadily down to Grand Forks. You don't have to turn a crank for twenty kms. From Grand Forks it is a short haul into Christinna Lake. The weather looked not bad for a change so I had a chance to set up my little tent and make myself comfortable for the night. The tent was close enough to a plug in to charge up my batteries and go on the internet. Got to bed early with dreams of the infamous Blueberry - Paulson dancing in my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment