Monday, July 12, 2010

July 12th St. Andrews to St. John N.B.

One last blog.
Today was pack up and go home day. I built a box for the bike and another for the trailer out of scrounged cardboard and duct tape. Loaded them on the bus for Calgary. Above are two adjoining views of the waterfront in St. Andrews. Of all the little seaside towns I've been through it is easily the most appealing. It is the real life equivalent of the town in the Popeye movie "Sweet Haven". I half expected Popeye to row up to the dock in his dingy, with his pipe puffing smoke and saunter into town to get a shot of rum. "I'm good to the finich because I eats me spinach"

Here's water street. It was hosing down last night when I rolled into town so got a motel and headed for the laundromat to wash and dry things out before going home. Had the seafood platter at the Chef's restaurant so got to have seafood once. Lots of little Bistros and Souvenir shops along this street. Quite touristy. Today I caught the bus to St. John and will get the plane out of here tomorrow for Calgary. Next time I do a trip I hope it will be with Shelley and she can add her comments too.


1 comment: